Before the surgery
The following important points must be made before an operation:
- Detailed clinical examination and consultation including up-to-date X-ray diagnostics
- Current laboratory tests
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Surgical consultation and informed consent for the planned surgery
- Anesthesiological consultation and informed consent for the planned operation
- From 5 days before the planned surgery appointment, body care of the intimate and groin area should only be done with a special antiseptic washing lotion.
- Please do not shave your genital area or groin areas before the operation. Any hair that has to be removed is done by the OR staff immediately before the operation.
Inpatient admission to the hospital usually takes place on the day of the operation. However, if the patient wishes or if you arrive, inpatient admission can also take place the day before.
Anyone who smokes and manages to quit a few weeks before surgery can aid in their recovery. Wounds heal better after quitting smoking.